Our contact details
Volunteer Link Up
Methodist Church Centre
10 Wesley Walk
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
For those completing our website contact form or making a donation:
- name, email address and phone number
- first line of address and postcode if we are claiming Gift Aid on a donation
If you are a volunteer or client then we may collect extra information about you. This information will be retained for legal and safeguarding reasons. We may collect and process the following information:
- name, title, gender and date of birth
- postal address, email address and phone number
- references, details of emergency contacts, medical conditions
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We retain the number and date of issue of the certificate
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You complete the contact form on our website
- You make a donation
- You register as a volunteer with us
- You register as a client with us
We collect information which is relevant to the type of interaction we have with you.
We share relevant client information with a volunteer if they are providing support for that client.
If you make a Gift Aid declaration to enable us to claim Gift Aid on a donation you make, we have to share your name, address and postcode with HMRC.
We do not share information with any other individuals or organisations.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information is your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by emailing us on email@example.com, calling 01993 776277 or writing to the Manager, Volunteer Link Up, Methodist Church Centre, 10 Wesley Walk, Witney, OX28 6ZJ.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored at the Volunteer Link Up office or on our secure servers.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
If you use our website contact form or make a donation we will only store your information if you agree for us to do so at the point of contact.
If you register as a volunteer or client, we will retain that information as a record of your involvement with Volunteer Link Up for up to 7 years, unless you request that we delete that information. After 7 years your information will be removed from our server or shredded if in paper form.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 01993 776277 or writing to the Manager, Volunteer Link Up, Methodist Church Centre, 10 Wesley Walk, Witney, OX28 6ZJ if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us by emailing email@example.com, calling 01993 776277 or writing to the Manager, Volunteer Link Up, Methodist Church Centre, 10 Wesley Walk, Witney, OX28 6ZJ.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk